Apple has released iOS 11.2 to address the nasty date and time bug discovered late last night. This is definitely an unprecedented action for them, but I suppose a good decision as long as iOS 11.2 doesn’t break anything else.
The full release notes are below, and include many other improvements/fixes. Despite the nature of the release, there is some pretty nice stuff listed here. NOTE: Apple Pay Cash is included, but it won’t be active until next week.
Full release notes for iOS 11.2:
- iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website.
- Other improvements and fixes:
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories.
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X.
- Improves video camera stabilization.
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show.
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear.
- Improves stability in Calendar.
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen.
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded.
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map.
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message.
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results.
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly.
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.