My Dad and I are back with an all-iPhone episode in which we discuss the latest leaks, theories, and questions surrounding the iPhone 8. We narrow down our expectations for what we might see from Apple this Fall. We also talk about how Apple Watch Series 3 could be the iPhone 4 of its line.
Topics & Gaddgict Links
- HomePod Firmware Leak
- What We know about iPhone 8
- Face ID: theorizing how it could work and be better than Touch ID.
- Virtual home button indicator, and how Lance would prefer it.
- How will Apple handle the notch screen cutout for the front-facing cameras, sensors, and speaker?
- Will Apple stick with the ‘S’ branding, as in iPhone 7S/7S Plus.
- What will the iPhone 8 actually be called?
- Who will buy the iPhone 8 if it starts at $1200?
- Apple Watch Series 3
- This is going to be the iPhone 4 of the Apple Watch line.
- Bloomberg reports it will indeed have a cellular radio.
- How much will its data plan/access cost?
- Different form factor hinted at by John Gruber.
- Allen Pike: Developing for iPhone Pro
- Max Rudberg: iPhone Pro’s edge-to-edge screen and what it could mean for the UI
- Steve Troughton-Smith on Twitter. He mined a lot of the HomePod firmware data that’s been published.
- John Gruber: I Don’t Think There’s Going To Be An ‘iPhone 7S’
- John Gruber hinting at an unconfirmed new form-factor for Apple Watch.